CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Hey all (Annie)~ Today I just got back from stake conference. It was great. Elder Oaks and Pres. Eyring were there and spoke to us. So it was more like a regional conference because it was broadcasted. Pres. Eyring spoke to us about being optimistic instead of pessimistic. And that there will be trouble times ahead in the church. But we should be optimistic and prepared. He mentioned that over and over in his talk. Which struck me because it made me think of the talks we had with the family downstairs right before matty left. And also reminded me of that book dreams and visions. Anyway it was really good and here are some points he made. One was to be wise and optimistic. This he said will be more of an advantage. If we are wise we will be perfectly prepared for the saviors comming. 2. Put your optimism to work. Goals will be obtainable. He then said at the end of his talk that what does not seem possible becomes possible when the lord wants it to be possible. A wise goal will be what we are able to do with god's power. Anyway just thought i'd share that with you. I especially love the above qoute that states " what does not seem possible will be possible when the lord wants it to be possible." That has made me feel better and given me the hope i need in dealing with my current situations. amanda

1 comments:

Ann Sorensen said...

How awesome to have Pres. Eyring in Logan. That is interesting to hear that the church has trouble times ahead.